Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bury St. Edmunds Art Society Annual Exhibition

The Annual Exhibition of the Bury St.Edmunds Art Society is on view at the Edmund Gallery in Bury until this Friday.I exhibited two works and  am delighted to say that I won the "Marjorie Miller Awar for a painting in oils."

 
This is a portrait of "Mary", my mother in law. If I am ever short of a sitter I pressgang her into it. She has been exhibited so often under many guises, she has become a bit of a minor celebrity in the town. People frequently stop her in the street and exclaim " I saw you at---". Others just stare, clearly trying to remember how they know her!

2 comments:

Helen Vicat said...

Congratulations - that is a wonderful painting!

Claudius said...

What a beautiful painting! A true masterpiece in the tradition of Northern European painting